samedi 20 octobre 2007

Ratatouille.


Sylvie, since you gave me this recipe, it's become a favorite in our household. I love how easy and healthy it is. I don't know what you serve it with, but I serve it with brown rice. Quinoa might be good too.

Here's the simple recipe you gave me months ago and that I've already shared with others:
1. Brown a chopped onion and a chopped eggplant in a lot of olive oil. 2. Add a chopped bell pepper, a chopped zucchini, 1 425 ml can of crushed tomatoes, a minced clove of garlic, some thyme, a bay leaf, and some salt. 3. Stir occasionally. 4. Serve when veggies are cooked.

I made this once for a friend who cannot eat salt and it was still delicious. I've also been known to add a carrot or two.

4 commentaires:

ashtanga en cevennes a dit…

Cool! And two of them are vegetarian recipes, too... yummy!

Anonyme a dit…

That looks delicious, what a great blog you two made!

Penny a dit…

I love the new blog! I am really into cooking new recipes lately so its perfect timing for me :). I made a double batch of your ratatouille tonight and served it with couscous. It was delicious. I've frozen the leftovers and we'll have them during the week with some chicken and pasta.

And can I make a request please? Can you please post the recipe for quiche when you have time. I remember you saying, Emily, that you were given an easy recipe for it :)

Emily a dit…

penny - the ratatouille is FABulous eaten cold the next day. just a suggestion. and i will be adding the tarte(s) recipes tres bientot. :)